Sesame Crusted Tuna with Roasted Radishes, Pomegranate and Red Onion
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 1 bunch of radishes, larger ones cut in half
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped thyme
- 4-5 cloves of garlic, woody ends chopped off but papers on
- 2 pieces of tuna
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1 pomegranate, skins removed
- 1/2 red onion, shaved
- Olive oil, salt and pepper
- Chopped parsley (to garnish)
Preheat oven to 200C / 375F. Toss radish garlic with thyme, olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake for 30 minutes.
Get a skillet with a few tablespoons of olive oil really, really hot. Press tuna into the sesame seeds and season with salt and pepper. Sear for 1 minute (or less) on each side, depending on the thickness. Pull out of the pan and slice. Serve on a bed of radishes and top with pomegranate and onion, and a bit of parsley.